Dearest Mom( An open letter to my healer- My Mother)

I don’t believe I could ever have enough, or the right, words to present as a tribute to you. After all, how could I give a form to all the unconditional love we carry for each other. While it would never be entirely possible to write about what I feel for you, let’s call this a small attempt.
From the smallest moments, like hugging you to sleep at night to sharing all my secrets with you to just being there with you while we’d absorb each others’ silence, it has been an incredible journey, and always shall be one. Maybe that’s what love is. Being there, merely being there, without speaking a word and feeling like the strongest person in the world and as though nothing could break you apart till you’re together.
Whilst you were always close to me as a mother , it was only after Dad passed away that we had this magical bond be created. Thank you for being the perfect mother, mentor, teacher, best-friend, secret bearer, defender and idol. Thank you for completing my soul.
All thanks to you for being such a patient soul and for letting me confide in you and for your unshakable trust in me. And having that in mind, I promise to never harm your pride and trust in me.
Your struggles give me goosebumps like nothing else. I love hearing the stories you tell me from your childhood. Each one of them. I’ll tell you a secret. There are many stories that you’ve told me over and over again, thinking you’re telling them to me for the first time. I know them by heart, but I’d never tell you which ones they are because I love the enthusiasm in your voice and the richness in your eyes when you tell them, even if repeatedly. In fact, I don’t have to act excited when I hear them, because your excitement is so raw, innocent and infectious that I feel a new glee listening to them every single time.
I love when people tell me that I am a dito copy of you. In fact, that’s my favorite most compliment. I remember sitting wrapped in your arm on the edge of the bed Baba died. It was the most cracking time for her but you endure. And give all of us a warm shutter of ur hugs.  I love you and I respect you more for how you treated my father when he was healthy, when he was ill and now that he is no more.
Thank you for being there to catch me every time I’ve toppled, for being there for me during those long nights I couldn’t sleep in and would wake up scared or shaking and crying, for healing me at places I didn’t realize I was broken, wounded and bleeding.
I’m sorry many people have not been appreciative of you and haven’t understood the pure goodness and innocence in you. I promise I do. I promise I’ve noticed every single time you’ve fallen asleep with your eyes wet. I promise I noticed every time you liked something at a shop but didn’t buy it for yourself so you would buy me something instead. I promise I noticed every time you smiled, seeing me smile, even if you wouldn’t know what it was about. I promise I’ve witnessed you, the toughest person I know, praying for me shaking and in tears. I promise I could see your love and your sincerity even when you were judged and misunderstood by your own people..
I promise I’ve witnessed you filling up with pride every time someone has praised me. I’m sorry you weren’t as appreciated as you deserved to be. But I love you and appreciate you and every single effort of yours, hidden or obvious, with all my heart and every being of my soul.
I know we continue to face trials and struggles, hidden to the everyone but us even today at a daily basis, but I promise things will get better and we will get healed as long as we’re together and I promise by each drop of blood in my body, we’ll always be together and you will always matter more to me than my own self, such is your soul entwined with mine.
I know sometimes I don’t understand some things as you speak them, but I swear even when that happens, I know you’re right. I know you’ve attached all your dreams, goals and achievements to me and I promise to fulfill all of them and never disappoint you.
I know I tell you that I love you and that you’re my favorite creation of God over and over, throughout the day, every single day. And I know it can get irritating for you sometimes, but I promise I’ll keep doing it, till the last of my breaths, because I know you secretly love it.
Whilst I don’t know what life throws at us next, but I promise to protect you from all woes and tears, and stand right in front of you as your shield. Thank you for being my reason to live, smile, breathe and look forward to each new day, knowing you’ll be in it. Thank you for not abandoning me.Thank you for devoting your life to me. I promise to devote mine to you. And to love you, more than I can ever love myself, any thing, or anyone in this world. I promise to make you very proud of me one day, every day. You are perfect.
   Love you forever and beyond

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

Fearless Fearful